By: LOPE COLUMNA
COLUMNA MESSIANIC RESEARCH CENTER
DON'T BE SATISFIED WITH THE SPIRITUAL MILK AND COOKIES!
So, we have seen that the main problem of people is that after tasting some of the pleasures of the Creation and Revelations of God, they stopped their journey, build their "comfort zones," and enjoy those "little" pleasures. They are like little children that are already satisfied with those "milk, cookies, candies, and chocolates."
But God has more to give, especially the "STRONG MEAT" or solid food needed by them to grow and mature to the level of Christ. But people would NOT receive those "strong meat" and are just satisfied with the "milk and cookies."
- For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. (Heb 5:13 KJV)
- But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both GOOD AND EVIL. (Heb 5:14 KJV)
THE WAY THAT SEEMS RIGHT (or GOOD), BUT THE END IS DEATH (or EVIL)!
The effects of such confusion are terrible and horrific, leading man to the path of destruction and death! The minds of men then became worthless and they are now engaged in, and enjoy pleasures and satisfaction in their material successes and the glory of men. But without the Glory of God, these material successes only lead them to idolatry and immorality!
Their definitions of right and wrong are now based on their man-made laws and humanistic ideas. As long as it is legal, it is not wrong, so they assumed. They are now basing their way of life to the laws of men, not to the Laws of GOD. They have forgotten that the Laws of GOD are more binding and without escape. So, man thinks that he is doing right in all these things, but the Bible says that all these things only lead to the direction of destruction and death!
- There is a way which seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. (Pro 14:12)
- There is a way which seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. (Pro 16:25)
In Part 1, I mentioned that the reason why man is advanced in science and technology, is because of his diligent application of God's physical laws. Now, when it comes to the spiritual laws of God, man is a dismal failure in the application of God's Laws! Why is this? It is because for the simple reason that man does not really know what is wrong and what is right, what is good and what is evil. People make their own definitions of these moral issues, but ONLY GOD has the right and authority to define all these morality issues.
If a person does not really know what is right and wrong, and what is good and evil, or use man's definitions of these moral issues, then surely, that person is subject to deception, immorality, and all kinds of corruption!
For us to be really set free from these deceptions and corruptions, we must use GOD's definitions of Good and Evil, and of Right and Wrong, then follow them as the authoritative guidance of our lives!
PROPER DEFINITIONS OF GOOD AND EVIL
- Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness, who substitute bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter. (Isa 5:20)
WHAT IS GOOD? WHAT IS EVIL?
God is the First, the #1, the Creator, and the Cause of everything. He is the Creator of all that exists, including evil. Generally speaking, EVIL means the Distance or Absence of GOD. And GOOD means the Closeness or Presence of GOD.
In other words, EVIL exists because of the distance or absence of God. GOOD exists because of the closeness or presence of God. The degree or amount of Good or Evil that exists in an environment depends on the degree of the CLOSENESS or DISTANCE of God from a person or environment.
Pure evil cannot exist in the presence of God. The Tree of Knowledge of Good & Evil was able to exist in the Garden of Eden because there is good in it, but not for so long. If the Tree of Knowledge has no good in it, it cannot exist in the Garden where the presence of God dwells.
DID GOD CREATE EVIL?
Many people find it hard to believe that a God of love and peace will create evil. But God Himself admitted that it is He who created both good and evil, light and darkness (Isa 45:7). If a person believe that the Creator God did not create evil, then it follows that the person will believe that there is another god, an evil god that created evil. This makes appeal to corrupted human reasoning. But this is a lie and a very dangerous assumption. Therefore, the Only True God makes it clear in Isaiah 45:5-6.
- I am the LORD, and there is none else, beside Me there is no God... That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside Me; I am the LORD; and there is none else. (Isa 45:5-6 Jewish Publication Society Bible)
- I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and CREATE EVIL; I am the LORD, that doeth all these things. (Isa 45:7 JPS)
- Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness..." God created man in His own image; He created him in the image of God... (Gen 1:26-27 HCSB)
Continued on: DO THE WILL OF GOD THE FATHER => To be Set Free From Yetzer Hara! This is The NO. 1 Requirement of ETERNAL SALVATION!
Copyright 2010, 2018 © Lope Columna