OUR LIFE HERE ON EARTH IS AN INVESTMENT! A wise servant, son, or daughter of God invests the talents and time God gave him/her in things that are of great value and long-lasting, not only in this world, but especially in the AFTERLIFE or the NEXT WORLD. In planning for business or careers, we should focus them in the direction of our role in God's Kingdom. Our talents must be used and developed (the parable of the talents). Our thoughts, speech, and actions must conform to GOD'S standards, and they must clothe us in righteousness; so we can have the proper wedding garment at Christ's return (Mat 22:11-14).
By: LOPE COLUMNA
Messianic Kabbalist Director
COLUMNA MESSIANIC RESEARCH
KNOW AND DON'T FORGET THE PURPOSE OF YOUR LIFE HERE ON EARTH!
The main purpose of our life and existence here on earth is to develop and embed in our character the image and likeness (Tzelem Elokim) of God the Father, as modeled by Jesus Christ (Gen 1:26). And GOD gives each one of us, only about 2 hours to do this! Without realizing this, we could spend this precious life in vain; as most of the people in the world are doing.
So, how then can we make the most of our lives?
While most people spend their time in entertainment, in their careers, business, and many other worldly "success," why not spend your time and life exclusively for the development of that Godly and Righteous character patterned after CHRIST, within yourself? Yes, you can still have your success here on Earth, but it should be subordinate to your success in the next world.
OUR LIFE IS AN INVESTMENT. THE BEST BUSINESS INVESTMENT IN LIFE!
Our life here on earth is an investment. A wise servant invests the talents and time God gave him/her in things that are of great value and long-lasting. Remember, our individual life's clock is always ticking, and very soon it will run out and stop. When you look back to your past life, will it give you satisfaction and fulfillment?
- All things that are reproved are made manifest by the light, for whatever makes manifest is light. Therefore he says, "Awake, sleeping ones! And arise from the dead, and Christ shall give you light. (Eph 5:13-14 MKJV)
- See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, REDEEMING THE TIME, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is. And do not be drunk with wine, in which is excess, but be filled with the Spirit. (Eph 5:15-18 MKJV)
1. REMEMBER GOD IN THE DAYS OF YOUR YOUTH
If you are still young, start now to always remember God in your early age, as early as possible (Eccl 12:1).
- Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while (or before) the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them. (Eccl 12:1 KJV)
- Before the evil days come; namely, calamity and old age, when one can no longer serve God, as in youth. (Eccl 11:2,8).
Ecclesiastics 11:9,10 show the youths what things to do and what to avoid.
- Rejoice, in your youth, young man; and let your heart cheer you in the days of your youth, and walk in the ways of your heart, and in the sight of your eyes; but KNOW THAT FOR THESE THINGS GOD WILL BRING YOU INTO JUDGMENT. Therefore, remove vexation from your heart, and PUT AWAY EVIL FROM YOUR FLESH; for childhood and prime of life are vanity. (Ecc 11:9-10 MKJV)
- SERVE THE LORD WITH GLADNESS; come before Him with joyful songs. Acknowledge that the LORD is God. He made us, and we are His--His people, the sheep of His pasture. (Psa 100:2-3)
- You shall LOVE the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength." This is the first commandment. (Mark 12:30 MKJV)
- A GOOD NAME name is rather to be chosen than great riches; and loving favor rather than silver or gold. (Pro 22:1 MKJV)
- Will you not from this time cry to Me, My father, You are the guide of my youth? (Jer 3:4 MKJV)
PLANT GOOD SEEDS AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE. AVOID BAD SEEDS
Youth is the most critical years of every human being. These are the so-called formative years. Youth is also the time of sowing "seeds." Whatever seed you sows, whether it is good or evil, that's what will you harvest in the future. So, be careful, and don't be deceived with youthful lusts and pleasures.
- In the morning sow your seed, and in the evening do not withhold your hand; for you do not know what shall be blessed, either this or that, or whether they both shall be fruitful in the same way. (Ecc 11:6 MKJV)
- Do not be deceived, God is not mocked. For WHATEVER A MAN SOWS, THAT HE ALSO WILL REAP. For he sowing to his flesh will reap corruption from the flesh. But he sowing to the Spirit will reap life everlasting from the Spirit. (Gal 6:7-8 MKJV)
As for me, I started to know and remember God when I was 19 years old, when I read my first copy of the Plain Truth magazine that led me to the Bible. Studying the Bible really changed my outlook in life, which helped me overcame hardships in life, and be successful through the years even in my career. Now, I'm of age, but I cannot forget the many wonderful and even miraculous things God had performed in my life since my youth!
If you don't start now, you will despise God's ways when you are old. Generally speaking, It will be hard for old adults to accept changes or new revelations, especially God's Messianic Kabbalah wisdom. But if there are no changes or revelations, there are no Growth and Life.
PRESERVE AND MAINTAIN YOUR MORAL PURITY
Morality is now of low priority in the world; but to the people who strive to obey GOD, morality is of a very high priority and value. Learn to protect and preserved godly moral values. This is one of the great achievements that you can happily present to your Creator. Preserving and maintaining your moral purity is greater than reaching the summit of Mount Everest! Even greater than landing a man on the moon!
Another important thing that every child and youth should learn is that important respect for authority. In other words, don't rebel.
2. REDEEM THE TIME
If you are already old, or even if you are still young, then redeem the time, for the days are evil.
- Redeeming the TIME (Heb. Exagorazo), because the days are evil. (Eph 5:16)
REDEEM = EXAGORAZO. To buy up, i.e. ransom; fig. to rescue from loss (improve opportunity).
Time is a great resource given us by God, and it is misspent and lost when not employed according to his design and will. If we have lost our time heretofore, we must double our diligence for the future. People are very apt to complain of bad times. It would be better if that stirred them more to redeem time. Ignorance of our duty, and neglect of our spiritual conditions, show the greatest folly.
BE WISE IN USING THE MODERN TIME-WASTERS
Today, one of the most time wasters is TV. Another is the computer with the Internet.
Yes, we can still watch TV and movies, or use the Internet, but we should make sure that they will teach us something good, lessons of life that will build you up. This means that watching TV or movies, and becoming an Internet "addict" should help and contribute to the development of God's holy, righteous character in us.
We must spend most of our time increasing in the grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. We should spend our time in developing our useful talents and skills. If we don't have skills, opportunities abound today, where we could acquire one or two.
3. WHATEVER YOUR HANDS FIND TO DO, DO IT WILL ALL YOUR MIGHT
- Whatever your hand finds to DO (Heb. Asah), DO IT it with all your might; for there is no work, nor plan, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave where you go. (Ecc 9:10 MKJV)
We should always work because the idler the man, the busier the tempter.
WE ARE LIVING IN THE VERY EXCITING AND CHALLENGING GENERATION TODAY! Don't Lose the Opportunities!
We were born in the very significant period of human history. Our birth and existence under the sun today are very different from all the other human beings before. We live in the very critical period of human history -- the end of the end time. The time where nuclear tribulation could occur. The time when major prophecies of God are being fulfilled in our very own eyes almost every week.
BATHE AND WASH YOURSELF CLEAN IN THE OUTPOURING OF THE HEAVY RAINS OF GOD'S MESSIANIC REVELATIONS!
And today, God is pouring out high and heavy revelations from heaven like heavy rains! These are the deep secrets of God, called the Messianic Kabbalah Wisdom. God is pouring out His spirit of Wisdom in this last generation more than any generation in the world since the first man was created. This is because the Messiah is about to return and redeem mankind!
- And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit. (Joel 2:28-29 KJV)
We are expected by God to overcome, to be a part of the Bride of Christ. And yet God has given us only less than 2 hours to accomplish such feats. Can we cope up with the pressure and challenge? Remember, we are told to do these things with all our might.
In planning for business or careers, we should focus them in the direction of our role in God's Kingdom. Our talents must be used and developed (Mat 25:14-31 -- the parable of the talents). Our thoughts, speech, and actions must conform to GOD'S standards, and they must clothe us in righteousness; so we can have the proper wedding garment at Christ's return (Mat 22:11-14).
Back to Part 1: YOU ARE GIVEN ONLY 2 HOURS TO LIVE!
NOTE: Bible verses used in this article is based on the Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB). If not, the quoted translation is indicated.
Copyright 2010, 2013 © Lope Columna